Did I hear somebody say BBQ? As the summery warmth creeps back into the air BBQs come back on the socialising agenda. Most of us are quick to head to the butcher for some snags or steaks but if you’re looking for a way to improve your health this summer why not bring along some Brussels sprouts to throw on the barbie?! You can almost imagine they’re BBQ ribs with this sweet and spicy sauce.
1 dozen Brussels sprouts
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Tbsp good quality (thick) balsamic vinegar
2 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
2 tsp agave nectar or honey
1. Heat oven to 180°C or grill plate of a BBQ
2. In a small bowl, mix together paprika, cayenne pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and agave nectar.
3. Chop Brussels sprouts in half and place in a single layer into a baking dish.
4. Pour marinade over sprouts and mix to ensure they are evenly coated.
5. Bake for 35-40minutes or until golden and crisp on the outside. Alternatively toss on a hot BBQ plate for 15mins.