This is a great recipe given to me recently by a client. It’s a treat, which has none of the guilt attached. High in fibre, zinc, iron, calcium and good fats, vegan and gluten free. Trust me, you wouldn’t think it was healthy if I didn’t tell you! Enjoy….
1 large sweet potato ~650g
½ Cup almond meal
¾ C chickpea flour
15 Medjool dates
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
100g dark vegan chocolate (e.g. Alter Ego), melted
You can add 3Tbsp pure maple syrup but I found it sweet enough without
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper
2. Steam sweet potato until soft
3. Process dates in food processor until soft. Add the sweet potato and blend until smooth
4. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth
5. Pour into lined tin and bake for 20mins. Allow to cool in tin. Cut into squares and devour!